Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Web 2.0: Available In All Forms

As I began to check out seomoz.org for interesting sites related to web 2.0, I realized just how many different areas web 2.0 sites cover. This was what was most shocking to me. Prior to my recent assignments in one of my classes I didn't even know what web 2.0 meant. Then I figured it was designated to social networking and blogging sites, and now after visiting seomoz.org I see just how many different sites are web 2.0. I wouldn't have thought that gaming sites and social news sites would both use a web 2.0 format, the more I learn about web 2.0 the more I find it intriguing and useful in all types of aspects of my life. These sites are neat because they're constantly sharing information with one another and allow vital information to be heard or seen quicker.
The site I found interesting that I had not heard of before was last.fm. Last.fm is a site similar to pandora where you type in someone you want to hear and they give you different music to listen to. The difference is that you get to listen to the actual artist you originally select right away, and then they give you the option to listen to other artist with similar styles.

2 comments:

Richard Robertson said...

I am just now beginning to learn what web 2.0 means. Still not sure. I am eager to become more technologically sound. I believe the main idea is that it is based upon an exchange of ideas and informantion sharing where multiple users can access and modify content.

AS EYE C IT said...

I orginally thought the same that web 2.0 was just sites like myspace and blogs but after going through the list it was amazing to see how different sites are using this new technology.