Sunday, May 18, 2008

Internet Social Networking

The article titled "Social Networking" discusses the use of internet sites like Myspace, Facebook, etc. I found it interesting because I have an account with both Myspace and Facebook. However, I do not take advantage of all of the opportunities that are available with these sites. I find myself bored at times and overwhelmed at others. I feel detached without being able to see or hear the people I am 'talking' with and the neverending options available for different backgrounds and music can become confusing. There are things that I like and find useful with these sites. I have been able to keep in contact with people that I normally wouldn't be able to find. I am able to shoot a quick message to someone without having to take the time to small talk for the first 5 minutes of a phone call. As a whole I believe that these sites can offer everyone something, and provide students and teachers a way of staying in contact easily.

No comments: